(New features are bolded and underlined)
League Play will consist of ten (10) monthly games to be held on the 3rd Saturday of each month with the Tournament of Champions (TOC) to be held on the 2nd Saturday of November 2021. The player participation and results will factor into their TOC standing but any player that participates in six (6) League events over Seasons 13 or 14 or have a win an event will be invited to the TOC. If you haven’t achieved 6 combined League Events, you will add $10 per missed event to the TOC Kitty.
$60 – $50 towards the main prize pool, $10 towards the TOC Kitty. At the TOC, the buy in will be $60 all going towards the TOC Kitty.
Regular NLHE Event: 10,000 chips
Regular PLO/Mixed Events: 10,000 chips
TOC: 10,000 chips PLUS bonus chips
League scoring system:
Every player will receive a minimum of one point and additional points for each position they finish in. All tournament winners (10) will receive a bonus of two times (2X) the points for winning – all players in the money will get 1/2 as many bonus points as the person ahead of them.
Example: 16 man tournament 16th place =1 point, 15th = 2 points, 14th = 3 points,…and 1st = 32 points (16 for first plus 16 bonus), 2nd = 23 points (15 for second plus 8 bonus), 3rd = 18 points (14 for third plus 4 bonus).
There must be a first and second place for each tournament, chopping allowed but one hand must be played in order to determine 1st place.
Tournament of Champions:
Play in 4 of the 10 League Tournaments and you are you eligible for the TOC. The TOC will have a TBD buy in for 10k stack for all players, plus each player receives an add-on of league points times 100 chips with tournament winners receiving a bonus add-on of 2,000 chips.
If you have participated in fewer than 4 events, you can pay $10 per missed event at the TOC to participate.
Example – 10k starting stack plus 5,000 chip league point bonus (50 league points times 100 chips) = starting stack of 15,000 chips.
Payout top 25% for the Monthly games and the TOC
The blind structure will remain constant for each location. A blind timer or clock will also be on display.
We have officially adopted the Big Blind Ante (link >>). This means that in rounds with an Ante, the Big Blind is the individual responsible for posting the Ante which is equal to the Big Blind.
High Hand Jackpot – optional:
This League will feature a high hand jackpot. The cost is a one-time payment of $20. Players wishing to participate will only be eligible after they have paid into the jackpot. The jackpot is for the length of the tournament, excluding the championship. Players are responsible for making sure that the tournament director/host witnesses the hand and that it gets recorded. The hand does not have to go to showdown, and both hole cards must be in play.
Spring Lakes Poker League House Rules
All House rules below apply, but a not-so-friendly reminder that we are not your wife, mother, or maid. If you don’t pick up after yourself you will suspend you for 1 game for the first offense and permanently for a second offense.
House & Property
The house has the authority to remove any player, at any time, for any period of time, for any violation of any rule.
◦ No smoking except cigars at Dave’s Poker Room
◦ No Credit, IOU’s or Checks
◦ Events are BYOB
◦ Please clean up after yourself. The House is not your wife or mother.
◦ Please use the basement door in the rear of the house.
◦ Please keep the basement door closed at all times.
At the Table
◦ Only the English language may be spoken at the table.
◦ Good behavior and sportsmanship is expected; anything less than that is unacceptable.
◦ No speaking on a phone at the table.
◦ Do not bend or mark the cards.
◦ Keep your cards and chips on the table and in plain view.
◦ Keep your big chips out front.
◦ Never touch another player’s cards or chips.
◦ Talking at the table is permitted. Players not in the hand should refrain from influencing the play.
◦ Do not reveal your folded cards, either physically or verbally.
◦ Never reveal another player’s mucked cards!
◦ Chips put into the pot stay in the pot! If you made a mistake betting you lost your chips.
◦ There must be a winner each night. Chopping is allowed but one hand will be played to determine the winner.
◦ The TD must see any hand that is to be considered for the High Hand pot.
◦ Any ruling or decision that is not covered by a house rule will be made by the Host of the event and will be final.
◦ There is never any rake.
◦ The ‘Dead Button’ rule will be used.
◦ Do not ‘read’ the board possibilities out loud.
◦ The One Chip rule will be used and enforced.
◦ No rabbit-hunting (seeing what the next cards would have been) unless it is requested
◦ Do not ask for deck changes.
◦ Chopping (splitting) blinds is not permitted.
◦ If a player’s card is exposed, show the card to the entire table, continue dealing in order and then give the player with the exposed card the last card.
◦ Do not act out of turn.
◦ Act in an appropriate amount of time when it is your turn. If you are not at the table when the action is on you, your hand will be folded.
◦ Please verbally announce your betting action.
◦ Do not splash the pot.
◦ Check-raising is acceptable and … encouraged!
◦ String bets are not allowed.
◦ Only one player to a hand.
◦ Players who are all-in must reveal their hands.
◦ Both hole cards must be revealed in a showdown to win.
◦ The cards speak for themselves.
◦ Do not ‘slow-roll’. Turn over your winning hand promptly.
◦ If you are dealing please keep the game moving and rake all mucked cards.
◦ If you are shuffling please does so by the next hand – the shuffle is with the previous hand’s dealer.
◦ Pay attention to the play on the table and know when it is your turn and what action it is to you.
RULES ARE ALWAYS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND ADAPTATION. HOST IS THE ULTIMATE ARBITER OF DISPUTES
|10 players or less||11-14 players|
|10 Players||15 players|